JEALOUS


As I look out the window, sound of cheers deafen my ears
The neighbours  just got a puppy
I slipped back into the cold bleak feel of my room
Putting my head to bed,
Stronger than a giant's grip is the tightness on my chest
A bit relaxed, I begin to reflect,
Why was Cinderella’s shoes made of glass and mine, pure leather?
It was Sharon’s birthday, her gown looking so blue in contrast to my bright yellow
I remember as I bury it in cool brown mud
On the graduating podium, hundreds of laurel round my neck 
Still can't feel the happiness that radiates from empty necks
It's a wedding ceremony, humans seated in couples but I hold on tight to that empty chair beside
I long to imitate the little kid's smile across the road all because mine doesn't feel right
I've got a mansion but old Billy's treehouse is all I desire
The sun licks up puddles but in forlorn, it abandons my wet eyes
Pacing round my driveway, I desire the freedom of little kids on shiny little bikes
I couldn’t help but stare at the flowers 
And yearn for their brightness, even though half
With my crown of resentment,
A wave courses through me as I squeezed that puppy to death

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WITH FEAR, FOR HOPE

THAT CAMERA? SELL IT!

FREEDOM?