MY LETTER TO YOU.

MY LETTER TO YOU.
If you ask me what I want? I won’t say I don’t know. Of course, I do. I want a lot of things. I have my life sorted and my goals all labeled out. I do know what I want. But if you throw that question at me right now, I’ll pause then say I just want an intense hug. An intense hug for all my worries to go away, an intense hug to release my shoulders from the burden and tension of feeling underachieved, an intense hug just for reassurance, a hug just for the fun of it. 
Maybe after that, I can now list out all my wants, my desires, my retrospect. Maybe I’ll rant about how I just want to sleep and wake up fully made, rant about how I badly want to fulfill a lot and I feel there’s no time but there’s still a lot of time. And I don’t want you to tell me it’ll be fine. That’s a phrase I use all the time. It has become more of a recitation than embodiment of hope it should be. But I’ll very much appreciate if you just hold my hands and kiss the worries off my brows.
Moving on, like I always do, most times absentmindedly. I’ll like to know how your day went. Tell me about your achievements, your thoughts and the sound that rhymes to the beat of your heart, tell me about the songs that never made it out of your windpipe. As we sit, permit me to hold your hands till they soften under my touch, let me continue my consistent habit of running my hands down your back. Give me the chance to tell you everything’s going be alright.
I don’t want to bore you with long  prints that’ll take your time. I want you to know you’re amazing. You are the blinding light that should never dim itself for whatever reason. Sounds ironic because we are both aware others don’t think so but who cares? You’re that blinding light! I’ll like you to carry on even on days when carrying on seems like a brutal force. It actually is. Before I forget, I think I know but I want you to let me know, what do you really want?

Comments

  1. Nice piece.

    Since you asked, I want reassurance that what I am doing is right for me.

    That writing is the master key that unlocks all my other dreams

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WITH FEAR, FOR HOPE

THAT CAMERA? SELL IT!

FREEDOM?